Carmelite Missionaries Philanthropic Development Office (CMPDO)
One of the advocacies of Carmelite Missionaries PDO is Calamity and Disaster Relief. Therefore, in this time of crisis, we have started intervention projects to reach out to some cluster families in need within our barangay, Brgy. South Triangle.
Another advocacy is Feeding the Children, which we want to continue despite the crisis.
Lastly, we have opened our gymnasium inside Mater Carmeli School in D. Tuazon, Quezon City as temporary shelter for a few homeless people in that area.
- 434 Families in South Triangle, Quezon City for the Relief Packs
- 62 children for the feeding program
- 9 persons for temporary shelter
- Relief Goods – This is a project that gives food assistance to 2 groups of cluster families belonging to Brgy. South Triangle. So far we have done two fortnightly distributions to the families. We gave rice, canned goods and noodles depending on the number of children in the family. The sisters will prepare the rice packs, which will be picked up from our convent. We have targeted 434 families for this project.
- Feeding – This is a feeding program for 62 children aged 5-12 years old belonging to two cluster groups in Brgy. South Triangle. This is done every Saturday. Each cooked food lunch pack to be distributed to the children, consists of rice, chicken or meat, pansit or vegetables and fruits. The sisters cook and prepare the food packs and once ready, they are picked up for delivery to the children by some personnel from the barangay.
- Shelter – We have offered the premises (ground floor – gymnasium) of our Mater Carmeli School in D. Tuazon, Quezon City as a temporary shelter for 9 homeless persons who have no place to spend the night. We also provide them food and some basic necessities. Two Carmelite Missionaries Sisters are with them to attend to their needs. The Sisters also do one-on-one interviews or group activities to listen to them especially in this time of crisis. They are also introduced to Rosary and Scapular making which can be useful to them after this pandemic.
RELIEF PACKS FOR 434 FAMILIES
FEEDING 62 CHILDREN
SHELTER FOR 9 HOMELESS PERSONS
Summary of Budget: